jira/confluence login error

Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2013

Hi all,

Im having some troubles when users trying to login. They are suffering login problems intermittently (once a week or once a month). Often this is behaviour is shown when coming from a inactivity period, like Monday mornings.

As far as I can see the login problems are caused by a timeout between jira and ldap servers.

Our LDAP setup consist in 2 real servers ldap1.domain.com and ldap2.domain.com, behind a loadbalancer: lb.domain.com. I suspect that the LB is doing weird things, so ...

- If I configure Jira to use 2 user directories exactly configured but changing ldap1.domain.com for ldap2.domain.com, if a timeout occurs when contacting ldap1 ... will jira try to validate against ldap2? or this only occurs when the user doesn-t exists in the directory?

- Is there any setting to increase the ldap timeout?

Thanks!

PS: jira and confluence are installed in the same server and the problem occurs in both applications.

PS2: we use ldap to validate user-s passwords, but all the groups are setup in the internal directory. Is there any setting related to ldap syncing that can help me?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2013

Hi Alex,

Yes, you can configure the LDAP timeout in Advanced Setting via Administration -> Users -> User Directories. For more information, please refer from this page: LDAP advanced setting.

There is related question - hope its help.

Thanks & Regards,

John Chin

Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2013

Yes,

The related question seems to be VERY related. But can we simulate a failover by configuring more than one LDAP server? In theory they must be replicated and have identical data

Im going to review the LDAp documentation

Amit Gujrathi December 2, 2014

I don't see any setting for the LDAP timeout under the advanced setting? Is this most recent information or is for an older version of JIRA (we are using v6.1.7)

Suggest an answer