jira configuration

Edward Geddes September 26, 2012

i am new to jira administration and am struggling with how best to configure jira for my organization. we have multiple products which leads me to the thinking that you create a separate project for each product.

my hesitancy comes in with resources & releases & reporting.

1. our resources can be assigned to work across all the projects & we want to be able to view their total allocation (not just on a project-by-project basis).
  2. our releases include work done for all products. we need to be able to see all items tagged for a release across all projects (not just on a project-by-project basis)

if i create a project for each of these products, will i be able to fulfill these requriements?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thiago Ribeiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

Hi Edward,

The best way to achieve this settings is using Jira and GreenHopper.

You can create multiple projects for products and have your users (developers) to work across all the issue on GH Rapid Board.

To have releases including work for all products you can use Kanban or Scrum method associating all the projects to the same Rapid Board.

For more information check out:

GreenHopper 101

I hope it helps you! :)

Suggest an answer