jira configuration after installation failed

Christian Laflamme March 21, 2014

When I tried to access for the first time Jira after installing it, I had the following message:

Jira Startup Failed, The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:

- Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Project config Plugin

- etc.

I tried to delete de lock file and to start again without success. My computer is a little slow, but I was expecting JIRA to work anyways.

Thanks for your help

Christian

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Laflamme March 21, 2014

I think my computer is simply too slow. It has 1,5 Gb of RAM and it is a 10 years old AMD Athlon.

I would have like to run jira on this computer as it is the one I have available. My goal is to organize a "proof of concept" to help convince my coworkers of the advantage of using Jira. That explains why I try to use the hardware that is already available to me.

Considering this, is there a way for me to make JIRA work on this system ? Even when I increased significantly the plugin timeout, it reduce the list of plugin started but there are still some issues.

Help !!!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2014

"My computer is a little slow" - Jira can take a LOT of resources to start up, and it has a time-out on the plugins. You can either give it more resources or increase the plugin timeout.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+System+Plugin+Timeout+While+Waiting+for+Plugins+to+Enable

Christian Laflamme March 23, 2014

I think my computer is simply too slow. It has 1,5 Gb of RAM and it is a 10 years old AMD Athlon.

I would have like to run jira on this computer as it is the one I have available. My goal is to organize a "proof of concept" to help convince my coworkers of the advantage of using Jira. That explains why I try to use the hardware that is already available to me.

Considering this, is there a way for me to make JIRA work on this system ? Even when I increased significantly the plugin timeout, it reduce the list of plugin started but there are still some issues.

Help !!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2014

Well, I've run Jira on slower machines, but you need to give it at least 1/2 Gb RAM for a handful of end users and issues.

You probably need to look at the OS as well - if you're on Windows, that thing unneccesarily hogs vast amounts of resource for no good reason, and really doens't like running Java based stuff either - if you have any virus scanners, indexing or memory hogging programs, you'll need to shut then down completely (especially the virus thing - that seems to cripple Java on windows totally)

Suggest an answer