jira-config.properties file doesn't affect anything

Alper Şener March 19, 2014

i created jira-config.properties file at program files/atlassian/application data/jira and wrote some code from answers.atllassian but it never change anything

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

i solved problem. when i save the file, it saved as .txt file. because of this, it does not work.

i copied a properties file from jira system and change name jira-config and clear inside it and after wrote code which i want. so that's ok.

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2014

where you added this file?

can you share path of the location where you have added??

it should be place in jira home directory(/atlassian/application-data/jira)

program files/atlassian/application data/jira

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2014

What did you put in the properties file?

Also, did you make sure the file was read/write by the user Jira is running as (easiest approach is to make sure the file has the same accesses as all the other files in that directory)

Might be helpful if you told us what you're expecting to happen as well.

ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions=4 jira.lf.date.relativize=false I wrote these, trying to change these settings. File is already readable and writable.
0 votes
Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2019

Please take a look on "How to edit the jira-config.properties file" document for full details on that matter.

0 votes

yes i have already restarted

0 votes

yes i have already restarted

0 votes
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2014

Have you restarted your JIRA instance?

Suggest an answer