jira cloud adfs

Brett Procek July 31, 2015

Can JIRA-in-the-cloud authenticate via our own corporate ADFS directory?

5 answers

0 votes
Juan Santander March 5, 2018

Any news on this? 

Pavol Sočuvka May 24, 2018

There is now Identity Manager which can be connected to SAML but according to Atlassian: "We don't officially support ADFS, so we recommend using Azure Active Directory instead." More at https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/saml-single-sign-on-943953302.html 

Please let us know whether you were able to make any connection there.

Juan Santander May 25, 2018

Thanks, this looks very promising. I will test it in the next few weeks and let you know the results.

0 votes
Matt Law September 29, 2016

Hi

Have you guys added any other methods in the last year?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2016

No change

0 votes
Brett Procek July 31, 2015

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Can you give me rough ETA for when this would be supported? This is a big value add for us to connect JIRA to our internal directory.

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2015

Hi Brett,

JIRA Cloud users are local and can only be shared between JIRA, Bamboo and Confluence when it is inside the same instance. External directories aren't supported. Currently, the only integration Atlassian Cloud supports is Google apps authentication, please refer to Setting up Google Apps for your site for further information. 

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Brett Procek August 3, 2015

Please let me know if there is a timetable involved in supporting external directories. Thx.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2015

No.  You can't (yet) connect Cloud to other directory services. It's the internal directory or Google, and that's it.

Suggest an answer