jira and attachment storage

M November 6, 2013

hello,

i'm wondering if Jira can be used as a storage space in order to store big attachment. for ex, 100 docs of 50 megas or more

More, by using plugin like Jeti, we can attach doc to mail, but where is the limit, because lots of mailbox limit the size of attachment.

So, where are the inconvenient, almost when using Jira with Virtual Machine in those cases ?

Thanks for your feedbacks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2013

Hi Manu,

First off : why do you needs such big attachements? Isn't it better to set up a dropbox/google drive/ftp server type of system to which you can just redirect people using a link in jira?

As Tanner said : you can easily raise the attachement size limit in the admin module.

This will mean that your virtual machine will need more disc space (attachements are stored in the Jira Home directory).

Keep in mind that most mailboxes don't support such big attachements, so again you might look for another solution like I mentioned above. Or you might even get a Confluence and make the attachements available as wiki pages.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
M November 6, 2013

Hi, thanks,

Does this mean i can add big files like several hundred of Megas directly in Jira?

Depending the environment, like Jira with Virtual Machine, have you an idea about a risk about respone time with big files?

thanks

0 votes
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2013

JIRA's attachment size limits are set in the admin module. You can also adjust the path that these files are stored while you're playing around with the settings.

Suggest an answer