jira agile is currently not available

benwatanabe December 14, 2014

Hi,

I recently setup a JIRA/JIRA Agile server using AWS and so far everything seems to be running except for the Agile plugin.  When everything first started up i upgraded everything without any errors including the plug-in manager and the Agile plugin.  But i can't get rid of the banner at the top of each page stating:

agile_banner_error.png

The only other detail i can find is another error that displays if I try to navigate to an Agile tab:

agile_error.png

I wish i could provide more details but i can't find any other error that would help me narrow down the problem.  Has anyone else ran into this issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2014

The application log file should have a lot more information on what is going wrong.

benwatanabe December 14, 2014

Thanks Nic, turned out it didn't have the INDEX permission in the database and that was causing the Agile error. Weird that it didn't cause an equivalent JIRA error.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2014

Hmm. At a guess, I'd say you'd installed JIRA with index permissions, and then locked it down later. Or, you might have run into the rather interesting case that JIRA core code would like to index the database, but can work without it, whereas Agile really needs it and fails if it can't do it. (Guessing at this one, of course, but old versions of JIRA didn't create indices on the database, Greenhopper did)

Suggest an answer