jira add users automatically to project role

Pareshkumar Gandhi September 2, 2014

jira add users automatically to project role

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2014

Yes.

If you need more information than that, then you REALLY need to explain what you're actually asking and not just make half-sentence statements that tell us nothing.

Pareshkumar Gandhi September 2, 2014

we have project role - Service desk customers and no one has added any users for that project role however i can see big list of users in it

We have enable service desk for that project.

Is there any way that Jira automatically adds users to the project role for the service desk enabled project?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2014

I'm sorry, that's still not clear to me.

If you're seeing a big list of users in a role, then someone put them there. It may have been by the defaults when you created the project, but that would mean someone put those users in the defaults.

Automatically add users how? What circumstances?

IT Solutions Team September 3, 2014

I've noticed the same thing in JIRA Service Desk. It appears to be when we manually create a ticket for someone in the service desk project (JIRA interface) they are added to that role.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2014

That would make sense - you need the users there to be able to use them as a reporter.

Pareshkumar Gandhi September 3, 2014

when you say manually - it is from service desk portal or jira?

For someone - does it meant to change the reporter and that changed reporter will get added to that role?

IT Solutions Team September 4, 2014

I meant creating a ticket in the JIRA interface.

Suggest an answer