jira Service Desk - report on transition status

Hi 

I'd like to create a dashboard that has KPI on reopened issues. we have a simple workflow that allows ticket to be reopened after it's resolved. so I wonder if we can report on transition status? If not how best to report on this KPI?

Thanks

Jing

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Jing,

Yes you can have a metric that tracks your reopened tickets. You would start the metric on the issue entering your reopened status and then decide what are appropriate stop and pause points for the metric. For instance you might have a refer to customer as a pause timer whilst the transition to closed may stop the timer. 

The most important thing is working out what your KPI actually requires and then you can implement it. But using the transition to reopened as a starting point will work. 

Thanks Phill. I currently have "reopen" transition that take the ticket from "Resolve" status to "In progress". Are you suggesting I should create "Reopen" status and report on status?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 5 hours ago in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

23 views 1 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you