jira Service Desk - report on transition status

Jing August 18, 2016

Hi 

I'd like to create a dashboard that has KPI on reopened issues. we have a simple workflow that allows ticket to be reopened after it's resolved. so I wonder if we can report on transition status? If not how best to report on this KPI?

Thanks

Jing

1 answer

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2016

Hi Jing,

Yes you can have a metric that tracks your reopened tickets. You would start the metric on the issue entering your reopened status and then decide what are appropriate stop and pause points for the metric. For instance you might have a refer to customer as a pause timer whilst the transition to closed may stop the timer. 

The most important thing is working out what your KPI actually requires and then you can implement it. But using the transition to reopened as a starting point will work. 

Jing August 19, 2016

Thanks Phill. I currently have "reopen" transition that take the ticket from "Resolve" status to "In progress". Are you suggesting I should create "Reopen" status and report on status?

Suggest an answer