jira Reporting

Kat Vane November 12, 2014

Hi,

I am looking to learn more about reporting in Jira. I have not worked with Jira before, so it's a new thing for me, but I find it most interesting. I am particularly interested in finding out more about the reporting capabilities the application has   - as a business I need to be able to provide the Board with reports regarding planning, time spent on various projects, etc. Also, could you please advise on what would the ideal structure ./ setup of information would be  - i.e. how best to manage various Accounts, how to monitor the time logged on various issues, etc.

Any advice on this topics will help me dearly.

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2015

the users' logged work records are numeric data so you probably would require some aggregation capabilities like SUM, AVG, etc. Unfortunately, JQL does not support aggregation functions but you might want to add those capabilities by using SQL for JIRA to transform your JQL into SQL queries.

0 votes
Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

Hi Kat, 

this may be a good point to start from: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/generating-reports-185729499.html

In JIRA you have a lot of possibilities for reporting. You can even track your times on each issue. 

Hope this helps a bit. 

Cheers, 
Mario 

Suggest an answer