jira AD a lot of OU

Sergey August 10, 2014

is there any way to authorize AD users from a lot of OU in AD?

Base DN: ou=ou1,ou2,ou....n,dc=domain,dc=local is not an option.

2 answers

0 votes
Adrian Moerchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2014

Yes,

1. You may just set up multiple directories in JIRA, each pointing to another specific DN
  2. As Diego suggested: Use one "root" Base DN and maybe use an additional "User Object Filter" for filtering the ou's (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+to+an+LDAP+Directory)
0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2014

Hey Sergey

You can just point your JIRA directory to the root OU or even to the dc=domain,dc=com.

But what I sugest you is to create a "jira_users" group on your AD and point JIRA to it.

hope this helps!

Sergey August 11, 2014

yeah, but when i do that i get:

org.springframework.ldap.PartialResultException: nested exception is javax.naming.PartialResultException [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: TAPI3Directory.domain.com:389 [Root exception is java.net.UnknownHostException: TAPI3Directory.domain.coml]]

Suggest an answer