jira 6.2.1 war install on osx startup failed

김성노 March 22, 2014

hi

i installed use atlassian-jira-6.2.1.war file in my osx pc

but first start jira startup failed

i am try the "-Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=600" setting and JVM memory but anything is notwork

attached () my atlassian-jira.log plz help me!

this is error message in browse

JIRA Startup Failed

The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:

• Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets)
  • JIRA Projects Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin)
  • Atlassian OAuth Consumer Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.consumer)
  • Atlassian Navigation Links Plugin (com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-nav-links-plugin)
  • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - OAuth Service Provider SPI (com.atlassian.jira.oauth.serviceprovider)
  • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Issue Navigation (com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-plugin)
  • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Quick Edit Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-quick-edit-plugin)
  • Atlassian OAuth Admin Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.admin)
  • Atlassian REST - Module Types (com.atlassian.plugins.rest.atlassian-rest-module)
  • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Project Config Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-project-config-plugin)
  • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - REST Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.rest)
  • Opensocial Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.opensocial)
  • Applinks Product Plugin (com.atlassian.applinks.applinks-plugin)
  • Atlassian OAuth Service Provider Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider)
  • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Look And Feel Logo Upload Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.lookandfeel)
  • Embedded Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded)
  • Gadget Spec Publisher Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.publisher)
  • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - OAuth Consumer SPI (com.atlassian.jira.oauth.consumer)
  • RPC JIRA Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.ext.rpc)
  • Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory)
  • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - SAL Plugin (com.atlassian.sal.jira)
  • Gadget Dashboard Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard)

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Andreacchio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2014

Please note that OSX is not one of JIRA's supported platforms. For the full list of supported environments please see this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Supported+PlatformsWe currently support Linux and Windows operating systems.

From the logs I saw you're trying to run JIRA on JAVA 1.8 - this is not supported yet. JIRA 6.2 is actually supported on JAVA 1.7

Next, I'd say that you're probably having problems getting JRIA up and running due to the lack of memory it is able to get from the OS. First up, reduce the Permgen size down from ~700m to somewhere between 250m - 400m - eg: "-XX:MaxPermSize=350m"

Please note, that would mean that you'd want around 1024 + 350 = 1374m spare for JIRA alone, then in addition having memory to run the OS and any other applications that may be running on that machine - if JIRA is competing for memory on this machine with other applications there may be problems keeping it running even if it were able to start correctly.

Last note, if you can I'd recommend using the tar.gz archive instead of the WAR deployment. The reason for this is because everything in the tar archive Atlassian Support are aware of, has been in an overwhelming larger number of live production instances, and has been tested through our QA procedures. A WAR deployment has many other variables and nonstandard configurations where figuring out what the problem is the the install generally takes longer and is far more complicated than the standard installation option.

I've followed up with a similar answer in the support issue you've created, since the logs are in there also let's use that to communicate in rather than this answers post.

Suggest an answer