jira 6.1 : "Could not create missing indices for entity "OptionConfiguration" "

Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

Hi, when I start Jira, I get those errors (even though I didn't see any problem in Jira interface):

2013-10-16 10:48:58,120 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [core.entity.jdbc.DatabaseUtil] Could not create missing indices for entity "GroupAttribute"
2013-10-16 10:48:58,120 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [core.entity.jdbc.DatabaseUtil] SQL Exception while executing the following:
CREATE INDEX idx_group_attr_dir_name_lval ON cwd_group_attributes (directory_id, attribute_name, lower_attribute_value)
Error was: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01408: such column list already indexed

2013-10-16 10:48:58,120 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [core.entity.jdbc.DatabaseUtil] Could not create missing indices for entity "OptionConfiguration"
2013-10-16 10:48:58,120 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [core.entity.jdbc.DatabaseUtil] SQL Exception while executing the following:
CREATE INDEX fieldid_fieldconf ON optionconfiguration (FIELDID, FIELDCONFIG)

I use Oracle 11g.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2013

Hi Pierre

There is a KB article which could possibly address your issue here:

Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

Thanks Daryl! It worked for the first error, but I still have the second one :

2013-10-16 11:52:30,101 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [core.entity.jdbc.DatabaseUtil] Could not create missing indices for entity "OptionConfiguration"
2013-10-16 11:52:30,101 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [core.entity.jdbc.DatabaseUtil] SQL Exception while executing the following:
CREATE INDEX fieldid_fieldconf ON optionconfiguration (FIELDID, FIELDCONFIG)

Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2013

Do you think I can solve it by dropping the index "fieldid_fieldconfig"?

Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2013

Ok I dropped the index FIELDID_FIELDCONFIG, which was also an index for the columns FIELDID and FIELDCONFIG of the table optionconfiguration, and on the next startup, it created the index FIELDID_FIELDCONF and there was no error.

Suggest an answer