jemhAddresseeRegexps required ?

Peter Straub July 30, 2015

While configuring JEMH, we encountered the following problem:

We have an Inbound Mail Account *.*.*@gmail.com.

This throws the following error/exception:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

When we use the same E-Mail as a test case, there is no error.

What's wrong?

Do I have to fill in the jemhAddresseeRegexps field and handle the "*.*.*@gmail.com*? 

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2015

The expression you have is a broken regexp.  In Regexp, dot '.' means any character, star '*' means any number of the preceding character.  to match anything use (without quotes) .*@gmail.com

Supplying a catchemail address (specific) and/or a regular expressions helps JEMH identify the 'inbox' mail addresses, so they can be filtered from storage and related notifications.  Without this, JEMH will start notifying your mailbox by considering at an email only user...

Peter Straub July 30, 2015

I changed the expression in the jemhAddresseeRegexps field:

E-Mail.PNG

But the error / exception is thrown. 

Initially, we only had a Catch Email Address defined. That's when the exception was thrown the first time. Then I added the regexps...

crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2015

He might actually want to ensure that there are at least two dots in it, in which case ".*\..*\..*@gmail.com" would get you there. But the basic idea of this answer, that the field takes a formal regular expression as opposed to simple filename-style wildcard globbing looks correct to me.

Suggest an answer