jelly to create bulk projects

Saneth Kumar July 2, 2012

We're using JIRA 4.3 and I need to create a large number of projects using the Jelly Runner.

Here's whats given in the documentation

<JiraJelly xmlns:jira="jelly:com.atlassian.jira.jelly.JiraTagLib">
<jira:CreateProject key="ABC" name="A Project" lead="a-user">
<!-- other jelly tags -->
</jira:CreateProject>
</JiraJelly>

However, I also need to assign the following schemes to each project. All projects use the same respective schemes

Issue Type Scheme:
Notification Scheme:
Permission Scheme:
Issue Security Scheme:
Field Configuration Scheme:
Issue Type Screen Scheme:
Workflow Scheme:

Is there a way to do this in one scipt?

I found this link that mentions how to associate a project to a workflow scheme, but it seems to be aimed towards JIRA 5.

3 answers

0 votes
Kailash Vasani May 14, 2013

<jira:CreatePermissionScheme> - for creating new permission scheme (works for jira 4.3)

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

The following code is not exact answer for you question but it should help you to start

To Create multiple projects and i added ony one for loop for project name and you have to add another forloop for project keys

&lt;JiraJelly xmlns:jira="jelly:com.atlassian.jira.jelly.JiraTagLib" xmlns:util="jelly:util" xmlns:j="jelly:core"&gt;
&lt;util:tokenize var="projects" delim=","&gt;projectA,ProjectB&lt;/util:tokenize&gt;
&lt;j:forEach var="project" items="${projects}"&gt;
&lt;jira:CreateProject key="ABC" name="project" lead="a-user"&gt;
&lt;!-- other jelly tags --&gt;
&lt;/jira:CreateProject&gt;
&lt;/j:forEach&gt;
&lt;/JiraJelly&gt;

0 votes
Tim B December 17, 2012

Hi, have you been able to find a solution? I am looking for this too.

Suggest an answer