jelly sends mail even with no mail server defined in jira

Deleted user July 14, 2012

I have deleted all smtp and pop servers from my jira. if i go to admninistration->send mail i get a message saying that i need to configure my email server first.

However, if i run a jelly script on the same server telling it to send mail -- the mail is sent.

I have disabled the scripts for now, but many mails have been needlesly sent. could you point me to documentation about how jelly sends mails? without using jira's email server definitions?

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user July 15, 2012

I've restarted jira and tried sending mail through jelly again, and it worked. So i suppose jelly somehow caches the smtp server's details. In a way that is persistent across restarts. This is good to know.

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2012

I suppose its possible that the jelly service is somehow caching the information. If you restart after removing the smpt server details, does the problem persist?

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2012

It really should be possible, are you sure outbound smtp server configuration was removed before the jelly scripts were run?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events