javascript calendar to select year only.

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2013

Can we use calendar to select only - Year. And no month-date should be selectable .

I am using below calendar which allows me to select date-month-year.

But i want it to be fix for - "Nov" as a month and Year can be selectable.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

Calendar.setup({
			firstDay : 1,
			inputField : '${customField.id}:input1',
			button : '${customField.id}:input1-trigger',
			align : 'Br',			
			singleClick : false,
			useISO8601WeekNumbers : false,
			ifFormat : '%m/%Y'
		});

if( Date.prototype.__msh_oldSetFullYear == null ) {
  Date.prototype.__msh_oldSetFullYear = Date.prototype.setFullYear;
}
                                    </script>

please tell me how it could be configure to achieve this ?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2013

No.

There's no configuration to be done here, the calendars simply do not support that. The date/time fields do not support it either, because the data being stored is, well, a date, which means you have to give it a day, month and year. They simply are not designed for just storing month and year.

You could try to bodge the existing popup with custom javascript, but I doubt it'll be simple, and you'll still have to think about how you store and retreive the data - my instinct would be to fix on a specific day of the month (e.g. the 7th) and always use that, while hiding it from the user.

Personally, I'd forget this approach, it's complex, messy, probably won't do what you want and exposes you to a nightmare during upgrade, let alone the initial coding.

I would write a custom field that only stores month and year, with an appropriate calender popup.

Suggest an answer