java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/atlassian/jira/event/type/EventType

sukkeong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2017

After recent restart of JIRA and redeployment of plugin, an exception was raised

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/atlassian/jira/event/type/EventType

The reported line:

return eventType.getId() == EventType.ISSUE_ASSIGNED_IDOn the class that was not modified. Previously, there has not been any issue. In fact, behaviour of plugin does not appear to be affected. (However, did not test on partner JIRA that is has a differnt language locale)

When I removed the code, and recompiled and redeployed. The same exception is thrown.

Performed atlas-clean, atlas-package and restarting JIRA, the exception was thrown again, but on the empty line of the removed code.

Checked my dependencies. 

<dependency>
      <groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
      <artifactId>jira-api</artifactId>
      <version>${jira.version}</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
      <artifactId>jira-core</artifactId>
      <version>${jira.version}</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>

What is going on? This has not occured before today.

How is this to be resolved?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sukkeong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2017

No longer an issue.

There was an older version of the plugin that was not cleanly uninstalled causing this error. After this defunct plugin was uninstalled, normal behaviour resumed.

p.s. I was using an older version of Chrome that was not able to handle the page rendering correclty, preventing an earlier reply

p.p.s The older version of Chrome also had me submitting the question twice when initial submission appeared to have had an error

Suggest an answer