java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/atlassian/jira/event/type/EventType

After recent restart of JIRA and redeployment of plugin, an exception was raised

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/atlassian/jira/event/type/EventType

The reported line:

return eventType.getId() == EventType.ISSUE_ASSIGNED_IDOn the class that was not modified. Previously, there has not been any issue. In fact, behaviour of plugin does not appear to be affected. (However, did not test on partner JIRA that is has a differnt language locale)

When I removed the code, and recompiled and redeployed. The same exception is thrown.

Performed atlas-clean, atlas-package and restarting JIRA, the exception was thrown again, but on the empty line of the removed code.

Checked my dependencies. 

<dependency>
      <groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
      <artifactId>jira-api</artifactId>
      <version>${jira.version}</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
      <artifactId>jira-core</artifactId>
      <version>${jira.version}</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>

What is going on? This has not occured before today.

How is this to be resolved?

1 answer

No longer an issue.

There was an older version of the plugin that was not cleanly uninstalled causing this error. After this defunct plugin was uninstalled, normal behaviour resumed.

p.s. I was using an older version of Chrome that was not able to handle the page rendering correclty, preventing an earlier reply

p.p.s The older version of Chrome also had me submitting the question twice when initial submission appeared to have had an error

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

522 views 3 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you