java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Provided issue is null.

Deleted user May 12, 2014

When trying to create a new issue we receive the above error.

After reindexing we are able to create new issues exactly once - then the error occurs again.

Any idea how to fix that problem?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi,

thanks so far...

There are no extraordinary listeners:

and some post-functions:

What else can be the problem?!

Thanks in advance, Jörn.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2014

Hmm. I'm not sure then. I think you're going to have to go into the log file in detail.

Two places to look - when you get the error, and then again as you create a new issue just after re-indexing.

Also, what's the pattern? Is it every issue doing this?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2014

Sounds like you've got a plugin providing a post-function or listener that is breaking something rather badly.

Look at your list of listeners - do you have anything catching "create issue" and doing something with it?

Look at the workflow - what post-functions do you have on the "create issue" transition?

Hi,

I tried the log files already - not helpful to me :(

We only have stories and Zephyr test cases as main issue types. Tasks and Bugs are sub issues of the stories.

When I use the "Create Issue" button the error appears. When I use the Zephyr specific menu the "create issue" popup appears.

Cheers, Jörn.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2014

Hmm.

The logs should be throwing errors after creation, telling us a bit more about what they're trying to do. They're utter garbage for the end users, quite handy for developers, and they usually do have something an experienced Jira admin can get stuck into (you get class names, which can say a lot)

However, you've not mentioned Zephyr or different issue types before.

I think you need to do some structured testing - create an issue of each type, without Zephyr, doing the reindexing etc to provoke the error each time. Then try the same, creating through Zephyr.

Deleted user May 18, 2014

You can close this discussion - we will not spend more effort on that because next week we wil have a new installation :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2014

To "close" this, you'll need to mark an answer as correct. Look for the tick to the left of the answers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events