java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.atlassian.jira.portal.VersionOptionalValuesGenerator

pewa January 5, 2016

Hello

First off, sorry for just publishing a headline without the body. I simply hit the wrong button.

I have just started looking at upgrading to JIRA 7.0.5 and how the changes affect our internal report plugins. With some minor changes all plugins work fine except the ones that use the Version selector (com.atlassian.jira.portal.VersionOptionalValuesGenerator). Building the plugin works but when running JIRA with the plugin it fails when I try to run the report. The version selector shows "Could not find any values for field 'Version'.". Yes, I have created versions.

The following is printed in the log:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2016-01-06 08:15:03,686 http-nio-2990-exec-9 WARN admin 495x35x1 1ayij9c 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /secure/ConfigureReport!default.jspa [c.atlassian.configurable.ValuesGeneratorObjectConfigurationProperty] Could not create class: com.atlassian.jira.portal.VersionOptionalValuesGenerator [INFO] [talledLocalContainer] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.atlassian.jira.portal.VersionOptionalValuesGenerator not found by se.ikano.jiraplugins.JiraTimeReportPlugin [173] [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1532) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.access$400(BundleWiringImpl.java:75) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader.loadClass(BundleWiringImpl.java:1955) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.loadBundleClass(Felix.java:1844) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.loadClass(BundleImpl.java:937) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.util.BundleClassLoaderAccessor$BundleClassLoader.findClass(BundleClassLoaderAccessor.java:69) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.configurable.ValuesGeneratorObjectConfigurationProperty.<init>(ValuesGeneratorObjectConfigurationProperty.java:51) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.configurable.XMLObjectConfigurationFactory.loadObjectConfigurationFromElement(XMLObjectConfigurationFactory.java:160) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.AbstractConfigurableModuleDescriptor.getObjectConfiguration(AbstractConfigurableModuleDescriptor.java:93) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.browser.ConfigureReport.getObjectConfiguration(ConfigureReport.java:248) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   ... 3 filtered [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at webwork.util.InjectionUtils$DefaultInjectionImpl.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:70) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at webwork.util.InjectionUtils.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:56) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at webwork.util.ValueStack.findValue(ValueStack.java:417) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at webwork.util.ValueStack.findValue(ValueStack.java:216) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at webwork.view.taglib.WebWorkBodyTagSupport.findValue(WebWorkBodyTagSupport.java:62) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at webwork.view.taglib.IteratorTag.doStartTag(IteratorTag.java:71) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at jsp.secure.views.browser.configurereport_jsp._jspService(configurereport_jsp.java:252) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:725) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   ... 125 filtered [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:725) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   ... 74 filtered [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.labs.httpservice.resource.ResourceFilter.doFilter(ResourceFilter.java:59) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   ... 127 filtered [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) [INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Anyone who has any idea what has changed in JIRA 7.0 that can cause this?

Thanks,

/Peter

2 answers

0 votes
Rubén Rovira December 20, 2016

Hello, i have the same problem. My version of JIRA is v7.2.6

I Created a plugin with a report module, for the report i need a version selector. But the log print me: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.atlassian.jira.portal.VersionOptionalValuesGenerator

i have defined in atlassian-plugin.xml this propertie:

<property>

<key>versionId</key>

<name>common.concepts.version</name>

<description>report.timetracking.version.description</description>

<type>select</type>

<values class="com.atlassian.jira.portal.VersionOptionalValuesGenerator"/>

</property>

and in the POM file

<dependency>

<groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>

<artifactId>jira-api</artifactId>

<version>${jira.version}</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

anyone knows whats is hapend?

Thanks,

Rubén

0 votes
HarryH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2016

The description is not in detail.  Did you try to restart JIRA? It's possibly that jar is not loaded correctly.

pewa January 5, 2016

Hello, Sorry, I published too early. I have updated the text. B.r. /Peter

Suggest an answer