it does't take effort after jira template workflow's transition be edited

hote January 24, 2016

There is task management workflow after I create a Task management I try to edit the transition and published,but in issue view screen,it is still the old. I want to know is there any possible to edit the template workflow?

1 answer

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2016

Issue view screen should be edited into screen scheme of a project, but not into workflow.

hote January 24, 2016

No,Vasiliy,I said the workflow transition. Capture 2016-01-01 at 17.55.38.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2016

Vasiliy was trying to get at the separation of screens.

JIRA uses a "screen scheme" to enable you to have different screens for the three main actions - create, view and edit.  You can then edit the workflow to change the "transition" screen to something else. 

hote January 24, 2016

Hi Nic, it's not about Screen Scheme. What I described only JIRA build-in template workflows.

Capture 2016-01-01 at 18.45.15.png

I doubt that it's related to JIRA's own template workflows that they maybe not allowed to edit(very probably), or it maybe related to global transition.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2016

Oh, sorry, I thought it was about locating the different screens.

I'm not actually sure what the question is - what you are pointing at is the transition you need to change, and it looks like you are changing the transition screen fine?

hote January 25, 2016

Hi Nic,I know the reason now, the template workflows add jira.i18n.title transition properties so that whatever I modified the transition, it's always the one be set. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2016

I'm glad you've found it, but I don't understand the explanation as it has nothing to do with the question or what we've discussed.

Suggest an answer