issues Last Updated functionality

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

Hi All

We are on Jira 5.0.2

A lot of project Managers have approached us and they had this requirement of tracking when the issue was last updated. They cannot go into each issue individually to check the comment timestamp. What they requested was to have this information available in a report. That way, monday morning when they generate their report they will get to know that out of 500 issues in their project 100 issues were not updated at all in the last week etc etc.

Can we achieve this functionality in Jira 5.0.2 or via any plugin?

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

"JIRA Toolkit Plugin" - custom field "Days since last comment", would that do the trick? There is also "Jira Enhancer Plugin" - custom field "Last Commented Date".

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2013

There is already a standard 'updated' field, isn't it?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2013

Yeaah. How did i miss that....let me check with my requestor if it fulfils his need....to give you a bit of background we had a custom plugin which displayed the metric - time since last comment in days and I wanted to get rid of that custom plugin...

Thanks Renjith...

Rahul

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2013

Hi Renjith....the standard updated field reflects the date whenever the issue was updated(including commented). Our PMs are interested to know the date when the issue was last commented on. Is it possible by any chance?

Rahul

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2013

Hi Nat...this sounds very promising...i will try this tomorrow on our test instance....

Rahul

Suggest an answer