issue type scheme is not deleted

Ehab Mohamed September 14, 2016

i deleted test project "TSP", but i still see related scheme "TSP: Scrum Issue Type Scheme" in https://holtrenfrew.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewIssueTypes.jspa.

please advise

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2016

Yes, that's normal.  Whilst some (most!) project creation templates create schemes, there's no housekeeping if a project is deleted.  JIRA can't know if you might want to keep a scheme for some reason (and a lot of us used shared schemes we can't afford to have deleted just because an unwanted project is killed off)

You need to delete unused schemes by hand I'm afraid.

Ehab Mohamed September 14, 2016

is it normal!!! although i deleted the project and when i sign in i see the landing page is the project that deleted.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2016

You mean the deleted project has not gone yet?

If it's a large project, then that might be normal, as it might still be working through deleting all the issues in it before it can kill off the project.  Give it a while and then refresh the page to see if it's finished.

If the project persists though, check the "issue" page - run a filter for the issues in that project to see how many there are, and re-run it to see if the number is falling.  If it's not, you've not managed to trigger the actual delete, although I'm not sure how that might happen.

Suggest an answer