issue type dropdown customization

Naganandu Bingi May 13, 2013

Hi,

i am new to JIRA , i am working on JIRA upgration from JIRA 4.4 to JIRA 5.2

in JIRA 4.2 issue type dropdown values are : "Please Select" , "Bug" , "Issue" (when user click 'create new issue' -Issue type dropdown selecting "Please Select" as default value and validating user needs to select a value other than 'Please select')

But in JIRA 5.2 i am unable to create "Please select" in the Issue type as default select value

please guide me on the same:in JIRA 5.2 , how to insert a dummy value in issue type dropdown as 'Please select' as default value , when click 'Next' button , how to validate user to select a value from the issue type other than 'Please select' value.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

B.Naganandu

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2013

To change that behaviour requires you to dig into the core code to disable it, or write some javascript to override it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2013

You don't need to "create" the please select message. This message appears when you have not set a default in the issue type scheme. If you have set a default, it will jump to that.

Go to the project, then the issue type scheme for it, and you'll see that you (or one of your admins) has set a default value for the scheme. Remove the default, and you'll get "please select" back.

Naganandu Bingi May 14, 2013

in JIRA 5.2 , by default issue type set as 'None' , till user click '+ create issue'. by default select an a issuetype from the existing (ex: "bug","issue","task" , default it's selecting 'bug' , even i set default issue type is 'None')

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2013

So you're saying that it is remembering what they last selected? Why is that a problem?

Naganandu Bingi May 14, 2013

Requirement was 'Please Select' should be available and select default when '+Create Issue'.

Suggest an answer