issue type dropdown customization

Hi,

i am new to JIRA , i am working on JIRA upgration from JIRA 4.4 to JIRA 5.2

in JIRA 4.2 issue type dropdown values are : "Please Select" , "Bug" , "Issue" (when user click 'create new issue' -Issue type dropdown selecting "Please Select" as default value and validating user needs to select a value other than 'Please select')

But in JIRA 5.2 i am unable to create "Please select" in the Issue type as default select value

please guide me on the same:in JIRA 5.2 , how to insert a dummy value in issue type dropdown as 'Please select' as default value , when click 'Next' button , how to validate user to select a value from the issue type other than 'Please select' value.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

B.Naganandu

2 answers

0 vote

You don't need to "create" the please select message. This message appears when you have not set a default in the issue type scheme. If you have set a default, it will jump to that.

Go to the project, then the issue type scheme for it, and you'll see that you (or one of your admins) has set a default value for the scheme. Remove the default, and you'll get "please select" back.

in JIRA 5.2 , by default issue type set as 'None' , till user click '+ create issue'. by default select an a issuetype from the existing (ex: "bug","issue","task" , default it's selecting 'bug' , even i set default issue type is 'None')

So you're saying that it is remembering what they last selected? Why is that a problem?

Requirement was 'Please Select' should be available and select default when '+Create Issue'.

0 vote

To change that behaviour requires you to dig into the core code to disable it, or write some javascript to override it.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

688 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you