issue priority depending on ....?

Belinda Pettersson Björklund September 29, 2013

Hi!

We have a department in our company that wants to use Jira.
However, they have specified some requests that I do not know how to solve.
For example, they want some issues that comes in to get different values on priorities based on either subject or body or maybe to wich email adress the issue is sent to.

The only thing about the different priorities that I have been able to find is wich one to set as default, but I presume that changes the default for all projects.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2013

I think you are asking for different Priority default based on the project. Am I right?

If that is the case, as far as I know we cannot set default priority value based on project because Priorities are global.

There are many such requirements regarding Priorities.

The following give you better idea:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/10147/can-a-project-or-project-category-have-its-own-priorites

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3821

Belinda Pettersson Björklund September 29, 2013

Not exactly. This deparetment will have about 3 projects in Jira and they want to have this feature in all of them I guess.
But after I have read through the links you gave me, I guess we need to wait to see if this is even possible in the future.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2013

yes priority customization probably be implemented in next 12 months think so.

you vote for the issue link

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2013

Hello!

Assuming that you can use the same values for "Priority" across all you projects, I think that is a job for a Listener.

You need to register a piece of code that is listening for new created issues. In this code, you can check description/summary ... and set the appropiate Priority. But the set of possible values is global for all your projects as Bharadwaj Jannu stated.

HTH

Suggest an answer