issue navigator labels not lining up

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2013

We're on Jira 5.2.9 and for several versions now we're having this odd problem with Issue Navigator when you first pull it up. When it comes up the column labels from Reporter over are moved one column to the right and lined up with the wrong data.

Once you click a column label to make it resort/refresh the columns come up fine. It's not a major issue but we just started using Jira and everyone is of course constantly telling me about this.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated. I have tried reordering the columns in the Admin but that didn't help.

Thanks,

J

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2013

Hi J,

I think you might have bumped into this bug : JRA-30987. It appears to be fixed in JIRA 6, perhaps you could try upgrading your JIRA (in a test instance first, of course), and see if the problem still occurs?

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013

That does look similar. Only difference is where the offset occurs, in my case it's always at the beginning of the line.

In any event I will eventually try 6 but I haven't had time to setup a development/test server yet. Once I get that setup I'll see if that does address it.

Thanks,

J

0 votes
Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2013

I believe I found the issue. I hadn't noticed before but the Admin setup for Navigator Columns had Actions listed but then that was never showing up in the Navigator I removed it in Admin and then the issue went away. Also it then disappeared from the option of adding it to the Navigator Issues columns in admin. This must have been a plugin's thing or something removed in one of the upgrades of Jira at some point.

Thanks,

J

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2013

Hey there, J.

Can you provide a screenshot to this behavior? This is indeed a weird behavior for the Issue Navigator to misalign the columns. Any chances that you are able to enable the Safe Mode to check if it might be related to any of the third-party plugins that you have installed in your instance?

Besides that, do you also happen to have any scripts running in your JIRA too? Is it reproducible in other Supported Browsers?

Warm regards,

Danial

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2013

Started hitting this again. It only occurs in IE and I'm using IE 9 on Windows 7.

I also tried Firefox and do not hit the issue and I tried Safe Mode and it still happens.

We do have scripts that we use but they are either Post Functions, Validators and some in the Behaviors plugin.

I currently do not have any in the Description of fields.

It's not always in the same row either or the same item, doesn't matter how I sort either.

I would attach a screen shot if there was some way to upload the image. I don't have any location I can upload the file to to live forever so I can't give your insert Image macro a URL to add it.

Thanks,

J

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2013

Hey there again, J.

Since you mentioned that it specifically occur on Internet Explorer 9 only, it might be a browser-specific issue. Reproducing the issue in Mozilla Firefox to no avail and Safe Mode didn't help either.

Since you mentioned that you have scripts, perhaps you can try to temporarily remove all of them and see if you hit into the same problem?

You can also try to raise a ticket in the https://support.atlassian.com/ to see if the support engineers can shed some light on this case.

Warm regards,

Danial

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2013

None of ours are in the Descriptions of fields they are all in Validators, Post Functions or Behaviors plugin which most get disabled in Safe Mode. Could you be more specific as to what scripts would impact Issue Navigator?

Thanks,

J

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
May 22, 2013

Hey there, J.

Hmm. I am not certain as to how the scripts might cause problem on the Issue Navigator. As I am not too well versed in scripts, that was why I was suggesting to temporarily remove them.

Also, can you check whether your Internet Explorer 9 is running on Compatibility View? That could be another reason to this. I am thinking of all the possible reasons to this.

Warm regards,

Danial

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2013

Unfortunately I cannot disable all the scripts at this time. I did confirm it is a IE 9 issue as other users with IE 9 have the same issue but on IE 10 the issue does not occur.

This is really minor for us so I'm not going to pursue it at this time.

Thanks,

J

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
May 27, 2013

Hey there, J.

Oh, that is a bummer. If that is the case, I guess you will have to ask the users to stick to Internet Explorer 10 for now. Didn't help much but you are welcome. Good luck.

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer