We're on Jira 5.2.9 and for several versions now we're having this odd problem with Issue Navigator when you first pull it up. When it comes up the column labels from Reporter over are moved one column to the right and lined up with the wrong data.
Once you click a column label to make it resort/refresh the columns come up fine. It's not a major issue but we just started using Jira and everyone is of course constantly telling me about this.
Any ideas or help would be appreciated. I have tried reordering the columns in the Admin but that didn't help.
That does look similar. Only difference is where the offset occurs, in my case it's always at the beginning of the line.
In any event I will eventually try 6 but I haven't had time to setup a development/test server yet. Once I get that setup I'll see if that does address it.
Hey there, J.
Can you provide a screenshot to this behavior? This is indeed a weird behavior for the Issue Navigator to misalign the columns. Any chances that you are able to enable the Safe Mode to check if it might be related to any of the third-party plugins that you have installed in your instance?
Besides that, do you also happen to have any scripts running in your JIRA too? Is it reproducible in other Supported Browsers?
Started hitting this again. It only occurs in IE and I'm using IE 9 on Windows 7.
I also tried Firefox and do not hit the issue and I tried Safe Mode and it still happens.
We do have scripts that we use but they are either Post Functions, Validators and some in the Behaviors plugin.
I currently do not have any in the Description of fields.
It's not always in the same row either or the same item, doesn't matter how I sort either.
I would attach a screen shot if there was some way to upload the image. I don't have any location I can upload the file to to live forever so I can't give your insert Image macro a URL to add it.
Hey there again, J.
Since you mentioned that it specifically occur on Internet Explorer 9 only, it might be a browser-specific issue. Reproducing the issue in Mozilla Firefox to no avail and Safe Mode didn't help either.
Since you mentioned that you have scripts, perhaps you can try to temporarily remove all of them and see if you hit into the same problem?
You can also try to raise a ticket in the https://support.atlassian.com/ to see if the support engineers can shed some light on this case.
Hey there, J.
Hmm. I am not certain as to how the scripts might cause problem on the Issue Navigator. As I am not too well versed in scripts, that was why I was suggesting to temporarily remove them.
Also, can you check whether your Internet Explorer 9 is running on Compatibility View? That could be another reason to this. I am thinking of all the possible reasons to this.
I believe I found the issue. I hadn't noticed before but the Admin setup for Navigator Columns had Actions listed but then that was never showing up in the Navigator I removed it in Admin and then the issue went away. Also it then disappeared from the option of adding it to the Navigator Issues columns in admin. This must have been a plugin's thing or something removed in one of the upgrades of Jira at some point.
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG