issue link order

mehran haghani October 27, 2013

hi,

i'm using jira 3.7.2

when link some issues to one issue , the linked issue apear in the issuesummery page . i want to know in wich order they apear

is it possible to change order of linked issue that apear in the issuesummery page?

thanks

3 answers

0 votes
sukkeong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2020

I was searching for the same question : what is the rule that governs the issue link display.  Not interested in changing the ordering rule.

Google search pointed here, no real answer.

So, a bit more testing and found that is possibly the rule so far:

1. Issue status; linked issues for status ordered higher in the Administration > Issues > Statuses is displayed higher
  2. Issue update date; for issues with the same status, the issue that was updated later is displayed higher

(not trying to resurrect old questions, but to provide insight to the first part of the question)

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2013

Hi Mehran,

Maybe you could just try it out in a Demo project you create on your machine?

I would think that it's simply in the order that they are created.

I can't check it on any of my jira instances because they are at least version 5.x

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2013

changing order currently not possible see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-16281

Suggest an answer