issue hierachy display

Raoul Kaiser July 12, 2012

I would like to see the hierachy of my issues somewhere (tree). My issues are grouped like the following

Epic 1
-> sub task
-> Story 1
-> sub task
-> Story 2
-> sub task
-> sub task

Is there a way to see all of this at once and be able to click on any of the issues?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2012

Raoul, you might want to check our Structure plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/34717

You can try it with a free evaluation license. After you've installed the plugin, to get this hierarchy, you need to:

1. Open the Structure Board
  2. Add the issues you are interested in (use Search button, turn on JQL, and write a query, say "project = XYZ", then click Add All)
  3. Open menu Structure | Manage Structure, and click "Import" on your structure.
  4. Select "GreenHopper" synchronizer, select the project(s) and Epic/Theme field with the Epic type, also select "Force sub-tasks positions".
  5. Run import - this will rearrange issues in the structure according to GreenHopper data.

Let us know if you need more help with this.

Cheers,
Igor

Disclosure: I work for the company behind Structure plugin.

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2012

I am currently testing out Structure in my dev instance - I am really liking it so far. :)

Raoul Kaiser July 18, 2012

Thank you very much for the information.

0 votes
Raoul Kaiser September 18, 2014

Thanks Luc, but my version is on the cloud not server. I was able to figure the structure I needed out.

0 votes
LUC FILION September 18, 2014

Raoul, 

Please take a look at Impact for JIRA (http://bit.ly/1tYPzxu) which can do that. 

Regards, 

Luc

Suggest an answer