issue has been deleted but exist in the search result list of filter

kumar September 26, 2013

Dear Atlassian Group,

I have few projects on jira. i am able to delete issues of some project succesfully,but i am unable to delete the some projects issues. When i delete the issue ,It says "Issue has been deleted",but it exists in the system forever.

I have gone through this link and the solution they said does not work for me.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/176627/issue-has-been-deleted-but-exist-in-the-search-result-list-of-filter

Coukld you please help me to resolve this issue

Thanks and Regards

S.Indirakumar

5 answers

0 votes
kumar September 26, 2013

My last logged date is 17 Sep 2013 in atlassian-jira.log file .It did not have any error in that file today.

0 votes
kumar September 26, 2013

When i delete, It says "Issue has been deleted".It does not send any error.I can do all functins including search.It is very strange for me ,but it happens only for 2 projects others are working fine.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2013

There must be some error in the logs. Can you check the atlassian-jira.log file?

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2013

I am guessing that you might have some customizations. Or there is an error that happens on issue deletion. Are you just seeing it in the search filter? Or are you also seeing the issue when you click on the issue or go directly to the issue?

0 votes
kumar September 26, 2013

Yes. I did full index as follows:

1. Shut down JIRA
  2. Access your _JIRA Home/caches_ folder.
  3. There, delete your _indexes_ folder.
  4. Startup your instance, and perform a full re-index
0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2013

When you say the solution didn't work, you performed a full reindex?

Suggest an answer