issue has been deleted but exist in the search result list of filter

issue has been deleted but exist in the search result list of filter. what's error about deleted event?

5 answers

first thought of it would indexes in JIRA was not updated. Try to reindex as it would rebuild the indexes again. However, the JIRA instance will be inaccessible during the indexing process running.

0 votes

Sounds like the index was not updated correctly.

How did you delete the issue? Are there any errors in your logs around the time of deletion? Is it possible to schedule a re-index?

2013-06-05 12:58:34,952 QuartzWorker-0 ERROR ServiceRunner com.pigsty.jira.plugins.usetfs.revision.RevisionIndexer:job [sal.jira.scheduling.JiraPluginSchedulerService] Unable to load a service descriptor for the job 'com.pigsty.jira.plugins.usetfs.revision.RevisionIndexer:job'. This is usually the result of an obsolete service that can removed in the Administration section.

0 votes
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Jun 03, 2013

I think the first course of action would be to try a full re-index. If possible, please perform a full re-index from scratch. To do so, follow these steps :

1. Shut down JIRA
  2. Access your _JIRA Home/caches_ folder.
  3. There, delete your _indexes_ folder.
  4. Startup your instance, and perform a full re-index

Also, if you are using JIRA 5.2 or above, please note that it's generally better to use the 'Lock JIRA and rebuild index' option. Although it would lock your JIRA (no one would be able to do anything), but it can be more effective

2013-06-05 12:58:34,952 QuartzWorker-0 ERROR ServiceRunner com.pigsty.jira.plugins.usetfs.revision.RevisionIndexer:job [sal.jira.scheduling.JiraPluginSchedulerService] Unable to load a service descriptor for the job 'com.pigsty.jira.plugins.usetfs.revision.RevisionIndexer:job'. This is usually the result of an obsolete service that can removed in the Administration section.

0 votes

Ok, that error is almost certainly the cause of the issue. If possible, you should re-index as Joe said (no need to delete stuff - in fact, a simple edit of the issue affected should fix the problem for that issue. Obviously though, for deleted issues, you'll need to do a full re-index. This would be an excellent test as well)

The root cause though, is that you have a broken plugin. I'm guessing the usetfs string in the class name means it's related to some form of TFS integration. Check the versions of any TFS related plugins you have, disable the ones that are not valid for your versions, or look for upgrades.

Thanks for your help

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,075 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot