issue export has changed a lot (for the worse)

Mark Anderson August 1, 2016

Looks like there was an update over weekend and now the issue export is useless.

I used to export issues for a daily status report (in confluence). It had all the links to issues and where there were multiple components/fix versions they would be listed in one cell.

Now it splits latter into multiple columns

Issues are no longer hyper links

I can;t find anything about these changes coming. Where would I find notifications?

9 answers

0 votes
Mark Biro March 23, 2017

Hi there,

With add-on ImpEx you can import and export your issues to XLSX or HTML (even with comments, images and attachments)!

And the issues will be hyperlinked. smile

Feel free to give it a try: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.moresimp.impex/server/overview 

Best regards, Mark

0 votes
Mark Anderson September 13, 2016

what's really annoying is that there's no notification (that I can see) of these upcoming changes. I hate cloud software

0 votes
Sarah Wilkerson September 13, 2016

Agreed.  The CSV version is a nice addition...BUT they should not have taken away the EXCEL XLS view.  Now the Epic Link exports as the ID and not as the actual name.  It also takes a lot of time to reformat.  And also the titles say "custom field (xxxx)" instead of just the field name.  It's quite silly really.  Why take away better functionality?

0 votes
Deleted user August 16, 2016

Was beginning to think I was crazy.  Agree that they need to give us back the functionality we had in the past.  Even when using the option to export the fields on the screen, I'm getting fields I don't want.  Layout is also changed.  

0 votes
Jesse Landis August 4, 2016

Causing a lot of issues here as well.

0 votes
Charlie August 4, 2016

Not sure why this change was done. But it breaks everything I use to track JIRA issues.

0 votes
Aaron Kember August 2, 2016

Yes same issue and cannot find anyway of adjusting to export xls

0 votes
Chris Pulker August 2, 2016

Same problem here.  All the projects I work on have now changed to this new .csv default option which is not what I need.  I need the ability to go back to the old export setting of (HTML, All Fields) option with the ability to save as an Excel workbook.  

I have searched around at Adminstration/System level but cannot find where to change the setting on Export.   Nothing obvious from a quick look at online forums either.

0 votes
David Mansi August 2, 2016

Experiencing a similar problem. The Export feature has changed from HTML to CSV. Is there a way of changing it back to be an export of "Excel (HTML, All Fields)" instead of "Excel (CSV, All fields)"?

Suggest an answer