(issue) Multiple Projects showing on single project view

Richard Bate June 23, 2017

My company use JIRA for all our projects, spread across multiple offices and teams. Using the Projects or Board drop-down to navigate normally works without issue. 

We've recently had an issue when clicking a from the drop-down shows a board with multiple projects. the URL https://COMPANY.atlassian.net/browse/ABC resolves to https://COMPANY.atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=43&projectKey=ABC

We've managed to fix this by deleting any filters that work across multiple projects, but we're trying to find the root cause. 

any ideas?!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2017

Boards don't belong to projects, although there is a link for boards that are used for the projects "home" board.

Any board can select issues from multiple projects, even the ones that are tied to a single project.  If the board filter is changed to show many projects, then it will show them.

Richard Bate June 23, 2017

Thanks for the quick response!

I understand that, but that's the problem - the board filter hasn't changed!

Someone has added a new filter a different board and it's affecting other boards. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2017

That does not make any sense.  A board will only show issues that selected by its board filter.

There are a couple of thoughts though - if you've been moving issues between projects when they're in a sprint, that might draw them into other boards.  Or your indexing is totally broken.  Also, just to rule it out, these boards are not sharing their filters?

Could you give us the three filters?  i.e.

• The one for the board that is affected by the change, despite not having its filter changed
  • The old filter for the board whos update causes the problem
  • The old filter for the board whos update causes the problem

Suggest an answer