issue Edit screen validation in jira

Nanda Kishore Reddy.G June 3, 2015

HI,

I have two custom fields in create issue screen. my requirement is making one custom field required based on another custom field. so i kept some groovy script code in validator for that Transition. So it is working fine in create issue screen.

But now i want same validation for the Edit screen. Where to put the code for the Edit screen. because it does not have transition (Edit screen not comes under workflow). 

My groovy script is

import com.opensymphony.workflow.InvalidInputException
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.project.ProjectManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField

ComponentManager componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance();
CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = componentManager.getCustomFieldManager();
CustomField IPRelease = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_12136");
CustomField IPRecipient = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_12137");

String IPReleaseval = (String)issue.getCustomFieldValue(IPRelease);
String IPRecipientval = (String)issue.getCustomFieldValue(IPRecipient);

if (IPReleaseval == "Yes") {

if (IPRecipientval == null) {
InvalidInputException e= new InvalidInputException();
e.addError("IP Recipient must not be empty");
throw e;
}
}

Please help me to solve this.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2015

JIRA doesn't expose the hooks you need to be able to do "edit validation".

Script runner does though - https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Edit+Validators

Be aware that it is only a partial implementation though - because JIRA doesn't have the internal structure for edit validation, there are places where even the script runner can't do it - your validators will be ignored if you change issues in Agile or use bulk edit for example.

xion_admin July 9, 2015

I didn't found the enable switch for the script listeners. Where can I do this? I have the latest version of script runner

Eric Haycraft April 20, 2016

This all got moved to 'Behaviors'. Go to Add-ons and select Behaviors on the left. 

Suggest an answer