is there no other way to upgrade agile then downgrade jira ?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: This version of JIRA Agile requires a minimum build number of #45 in order to proceed

i Dont even need Agile, ...

2 answers

For each JIRA Agile version, there's a minimum JIRA version required for it to run. Some instructions can be found here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-10872

Rollback the plugin

It is possible to rollback to a previous version of the plugin as per the below steps.

The only version that can be rolled back to is 6.3.13.1. Any other version will cause significant problems

1. Unlock the rank fields as per How to unlock a Locked field.
  2. From JIRA Administration > Issues > Custom Fields (left side menu), rename the rank fields to something else, for example Rank (LexoRank).
  3. Rename the old (Obsolete) fields to their original name 'Rank'.
  4. From JIRA Administration > Manage Add-ons, uninstall JIRA Agile.
  5. Stop JIRA.
  6. Roll-back the JIRA Agile version in the database with the following SQL:
    UPDATE propertynumber SET propertyvalue = 42 WHERE id = (SELECT id FROM propertyentry WHERE property_key = 'GreenHopper.Upgrade.Latest.Upgraded.Version');
    UPDATE propertystring SET propertyvalue = '42' WHERE id = (SELECT id FROM propertyentry WHERE property_key = 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:build');

7. Start JIRA.
  8. Install the previous version of JIRA Agile 6.3.13.1. From JIRA Administration > Add-ons > Manage Add-ons (left side menu), choose 'Upload Add-on' and provide the URL or upload from your computer.
  9. Reindex JIRA.

well i took another way.

i Just migrated to JIRA Core and uninstalled Jira-Software.
The Error is gone.

I dont know if it will ever comeback if i would use Agile / Software again.
but for now - i dont need it.

Oh this is JIRA 7, yeah that's the other way.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

111 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you