is there any way that I can get email notification whenever the result count for filter get changed ?

PavanKumar Garnepudi Venkata January 22, 2015

Existing email triggering mechanism based on Filter Subscription works only based on scheduled time but not on any delta or change to result set such as increase in count.  Is there any means to trigger email for subscribed filter in case the result count increases. 

Thanks,

Pavan

1 answer

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2015

You would need to write some code to achieve this. What exactly is your requirement?

If you want to be informed if an issue has been updated or a status has changed you could use filter like

updated > -15m   or  Status changed after -15m

and then use a filter subscription which sends out a mail every 15 minutes (use  "send no mail if filter result is empty")

Shanara Sadeque February 28, 2023

Hi Udo,

I have a similar request... would you be able to explain how the code would work? I need an email notification every time there is a new issue created that matches the filter. I am currently using the cron expression * * * * * ? to get a notification every minute. The problem here is that as long as the filter has results, a notification is sent. Even though there have been no changes. I thought there would be an option like "Email for this filter's subscription only when issues are added" but I dont see an option like that.

Suggest an answer