is there any pop up to notify the user at regular intervals about the issues assigned to his name ?

Bijuanand February 21, 2015

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2015

What are you wanting to accomplish?

i want a pop up that reminds me about the tickets in my name at regular intervals(say hourly) so that they get immediate attention whereas a mail often goes unnoticed along with other notifications from JIRA. These pop up should appear only if there are any tickets in my name.

Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2015

There isn't any in app notifications in JIRA. You can get it in Confluence though... Or do the email route like suggested by the other folks.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2015

No popups - they're annoying at best and can't really be done on a server-client web application anyway.

However, write a filter like "assignee = currentUser() and resolution = unresolved" and subscribe to it.  You'll get a regular email list of what is open.

Also, use the same filter on the dashboard (or even just the "assigned to me" gadget) for a quick at-a-glance look.

thank you

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2015

There no pop ups, but there are emails: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme

and your mail client can popup them.

Thank you

Suggest an answer