Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

is there a way to generate a report of the sprint's story points broken out by epic & user?

I've been digging around for a way to get a view of a sprint's story points broken out by both user and epic; that way I can tell at a glance where my teammates are devoting their time. If it's not a shareable report, that's fine, but if there's something in the UI I can configure to display this, that would be huge. It's really important that this report is only a sprint-by-sprint (or week-by-week) view.

Here are some solutions that got me partway there, but didn't entirely solve the problem:

helpful for seeing sprint story points split by users, but not split by epics: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-see-total-story-points-for-a-sprint-that-has/qaq-p/940056

filtering backlog/sprints by epic, still would require significant manual data pull on my part: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Sum-Story-Points-to-Epic/qaq-p/355859

4 answers

The Two-Dimensional Filter Statistics Gadget almost ended up serving my needs - I just did epic link on one axis and assignee on the other. The only drawback was not being able to visualize story points

If you prefer a shareable Jira sprint report that doesn't require everyone to have Jira access and understanding of different reporting apps, you can give Better Excel Exporter for Jira Cloud a try.

Your sprint details can be exported into easy-to-understand Excel sprint reports with built-in templates. If there is anything you or your colleagues would need differently, customizing the report templates is also possible.

Browse more like the below Jira Excel sprint report examples and see if anything inspires you!

jira-agile-report-epic-pivot-chart.pngjira-agile-report-sprint-pivot-chart.png

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app, and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes

Hi @Kate

As mentioned, this could be done using Jira apps. eazyBI for Jira is a reporting and charts app, and analyzing different metrics by two, three, or more parameters (Assignee, Epics, and other) is out-of-the-box there.

You may create such a report combining "Issue" dimension Epics and "Assignee" together with measures "Story points created" (for all epic and its stories story points) and "Story points resolved" (for resolved epic and its stories story points) to show which assignees have assigned epic tasks with what amount of story points and how much of them are already resolved. For instance, the report could look the following:

epics and assignees.png

Additionally, the report is filtered by the Assignee group to limit results, as well as conditional cell formatting is applied to bold total story points for each epic. You may expand/collapse epics to see particular stories and their assignees and story points.

You may check out other eazyBI demo reports to better understand how this work: eazyBI Demo reports 

Do not hesitate to contact support@eazybi.com  if you have any further questions!

Best,

Ilze, eazyBI Customer Support Consultant

0 votes

Hi @Kate 

Did you get an answer to your question?  If not...

I do not believe this is possible with out-of-the-box Jira features.  What you could do is:

• make a JQL filter, export the data to a spreadsheet and make a pivot report on this;
  • use the Atlassian made Excel or Google Sheets addins to better automate the use of a filter and spreadsheet reporting; or
  • investigate better reporting options from the marketplace for purchase.

Best regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events