is there a way to automatically change a bug assignee based on status change?

David Rossellat February 6, 2013

let me explain. I've created a new column labeled Resolved/Ready for testing purposes. when the developer moves his bug/user story to this column, I would like our QA lead to be assigned to the bug and get an email notification.

How do that do that? we use Greenhoper onDemand with the simplified workflow

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ybelodray February 28, 2013

I agree with David.

It's not possible to configure Greenhopper OnDemand's simplified workflow, particularly, change post-functions: "Generated by GreenHopper version 6.1.1. This workflow is managed internally by GreenHopper. Do not manually modify this workflow."

So the question is still open plus one more question:

1. "...when the developer moves his bug/user story to this column, I would like our QA lead to be assigned to the bug and get an email notification."

2. How to configure GreenHopper with the simplified workflow to make an issue Unassigned? When somebody creates a story, we prefer it to be not assigned.

Thanks,

Yuriy

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

Hi, you can do this as a post-function in the workflow. Just set the assignee to the person required.

David Rossellat February 6, 2013

do you know if thats still true when using Greenhopper OnDemand's simplified workflow?

Suggest an answer