• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

is there a way to associate more than one permission scheme to a project? Edited

i want to create a user with read permissions on all of the projects in my organization, is there a way other than adding its group to each one of the permission schemes with read permission?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

No, permission schemes are singluar, a project is inly associated with one at a time.

You will need to add your read-permission to every permission scheme.  (I'd recommend not using groups or individuals, add a role for read only and then add that user or group into each project they need access to - it's easier to maintain in the long run)

Thanks for answering, do you know what is the reason for this kind of relationship? what is the motive of not giving an option to give wide permissions? I ask this because my organization has hundreds of projects, I probably can automate the process of adding this role to each one of the projects but it really seems like something that should be implemented as a feature, is there a feature request on this topic?

There's no open feature request for it because Atlassian hae said they're not interested in doing it.

The current permission system has been in place since 3.6 and hasn't changed (other than some permissions being added).

It's also not a good idea in security terms.  Do you have projects that your admin user should not have access to?  I can pretty much guarantee that you do, and having an easy way to add their access like that will equally guarantee that someone is added incorrectly.

This is why project roles exist - they give the ability for the project admins to control who can get in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you