is it possible to set a SLA per customer?

ValidDevMaster December 16, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Setting up SLAs

Ask your question here...

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
System December 28, 2018

Hello,

i know this is two years later and thing have probably changed but for the sake of anyone who comes searching for an answer here's one.

You should be able to achieve this by adding you customers to Organisations (groups for Customers).

Then in your SLAs add the following JQL:

Reporter in organizationMembers("Organisation1")

If you want to assign multiple organisations to an SLA then see bellow:

Reporter in organizationMembers("Organisation1","Organisation2", ... )

Note: i wouldn't recommend using

Organisations = "Organisation1" 

Or

Organisations in ("Organisation1","Organisation2", ... )

The reason for this is, if the customer decides not to share the request with their organisation the Organisations field will not be populated. but the reporter in organizationMembers will still work.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

Yes, but you would have to build a separate SLA for each user, and they would have to be a user prior to building the SLA. 

You could also assign your users into multiple "groups", and set your SLA's per group. That may be more manageable. 

0 votes
HeidiI January 5, 2016

Hello,

A solution is to create a customerfield that is connected to the user.  When creating a ticket, copy the field to a custom field that you can use in the SLA.  

I tried it and it works

0 votes
ValidDevMaster January 5, 2016

Jeff,

Thank you very much! I have been playing with your suggestion, but I faced an issue where customers with restricted access to the Portal cannot be added to a group.

So, not sure how to make it possible.

Groups

Users with restricted portal access cannot be added to groups

Suggest an answer