is it possible to define custom priority for project?

IgorM March 19, 2013

I have about 20 projects in Jira and I would like to see BIG PICTURE with all issues for ALL my projects and all issues must be sorted by projects priorities and then by issues priorities

for exaple

Project A - has Priority 1

• issue 111
  • isuue 222

Project B - has Priority 2

• issue aaa
  • issue bbb

Project C - has Priority 3

Project D - has Priority 4

so I need to see All issues for project A then project B then project C and D in one filter...

• aaa
  • bbb

is it possible to define custom priority for project (not for issues)?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2013

No. The list of available priorities is shared - if you've got 7 priorities, then all projects will let the user choose any of the seven.

IgorM March 19, 2013

priorities for projects not for issues...

for exapmle I have Project A with priority 1 and project B with priority 2

ALL issues(minor, major ,critical) from project A must be solved at first and then i will be solve all issues from Project B

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2013

Ah. Sorry. I misunderstood.

There are no fields at a project level, so you cannot do this natively.

From memory, there's a plugin called "profields" which allows you to add project level fields and I think that will do most of this for you. You could try to do it with project categories as well, although they are not exposed easily at an issue level.

If you do find a way to do a project level priority, bear in mind that it won't have any effect on the issue level priorities. Jira really still won't care that one project should be more important than another, but your humans will at least be able to sort by project priority first.

IgorM March 19, 2013

OOO!!! Thanks a lot !

0 votes
Contact [Develocenter] October 30, 2016

Hi Igor,

it's not possible out the box but you can try Extended Schemes for JIRA which allows you not only set default priority per project but also for issue type and additionally you can disable particular priorities for single project and issue type pair. 

Suggest an answer