is it possible to create an automatic workflow so that all stories that have the condition: in the

preethy sekar October 29, 2020

is it possible to create an automatic workflow so that all stories that have the condition:

• in the backlog
  • AND have status "Ready for Sprint Planning"
  • AND are assigned to a Sprint

--> are automatically moved to "Sprint Backlog" once the relevant sprint has been started [Button click = "Start Sprint" ]?

Sort of like a bulk request that is automatically triggered for all stories in the above mentioned condition.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2020

Hello @preethy sekar

Thank you for reaching out.

By the tags in your question, I believe you are using Jira Server and you would like to automatically assign a new sprint created for the issues that meet some specific conditions. Is that correct?

I'm afraid this kind of automation can not be done in Jira Server without using apps.

In fact, Jira Cloud has an inbuilt automation feature that can do exactly what you need. This same automation can be achieved in Jira Server by using the app below:

Automation for Jira - Server Lite

I'm not sure if using the free version you would have all the needed functionalities, but you can follow the steps below if you want to give it a try:

1. Install the app
  2. navigate to the project where you want to apply the automation > Project settings > Automation
  3. Create the following automation, setting the JQL with all the conditions you need:
    Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 17.57.08.png

Let us know if you have any questions.

preethy sekar November 1, 2020

Hi Petter

Thanks for the information 

Is there any way that we can achieve it without any plugin 

Suggest an answer