is it possible to configure a field that is locked by a plugin (Tempo)?

gianfranco franceschi January 8, 2018

Many screens in our Jira instance show the Tempo team on Stories, Epics, and Tasks. I'd like to configure the default value of these fields as inherited from the parent issue but the corresponding custom field is shown as 'Locked'.

Is there anything I can do, in Jira or Tempo, to pverrule that lock and configure that inheritance? 

Thanks in Advance,

Gianfranco

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2018

Hi Gianfrancesco,

Locked field can't be setup a lot, and it's done on purpose as they are not standard field. Tempo Teams are managed by Tempo plugin and might differ from Jira's default field management.

You might find a way to prefill that field with a default value using workflow postfunctions but I don't think you'll manage to do so with Custom Field admin UI.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

gianfranco franceschi January 10, 2018

Hi Micky, 

thanks a lot, I think we can sort this out via post function. 

Best,

Gianfranco

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

Great, feel free to share what you did here so that other Atlassian users might find it cool and reuse it :)

Suggest an answer