is it possible to call a jira dialogue from velocity?

HA March 30, 2014

Hi,

I have implemented an internal comments project panel. This works fine. I have defined now for every comment a link on the right side behind a small icon. This link calls a DeleteInternalCommentAction.

What I want now is to call the ajs.dialog that shows the internal comment. My problem here is that I don't know how to call the dialogue from velocity template.

I already have a dialogue for a different task, so I thought I could reuse most of it. But there I used a web-item with a styleclass. Using the links in the internal comments field, I was not able to define a valid section or location, cause this is custom made on my own. From what I have read, I cannot define a section or location on my own in my internal comment field.

1 answer

0 votes
HA April 2, 2014

Maybe it`s not clear what I am searching for. I searched the forum for different dialog entries and what I found is the following: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/211797/adding-elements-to-aui-dialog

// add panel 1
popup.addPanel("Panel 1", '<p><input type="text" name="test"/></p>', "panel-body");

I think, I will be able to create this dialog from the post, but how can I access the Input Box with a Jira WebAction Class to write the value of the input field into the database or sth?

Suggest an answer