integrate jira to subversion

Santosh Silla November 25, 2014

Can some one help me to integrate JIRA with subversion. My goal is when developer commit his changes to subversion, the same comments with version information should update to JIRA under the issue number.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2014
Santosh Silla November 26, 2014

We have already to installed JIRA Subversion plugin to our JIRA system, And subversion also ready to use with all pre hook configurations. Please let me know what I need to do to reflect the commits to JIRA?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2014

Follow the instructions for using it? Set up the link to subversion in the plugin config screen, then let it build an index from your repo.

Santosh Silla December 2, 2014

I have done the setup as documented. And found that subversion not getting update on the JIRA. Is there any delay to get the update to JIRA? Please help me to understand.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2014

Yes, up to 15 minutes, plus the time it takes to run the indexing on the repository. If you have configured it as per docs, then the next question is "what does the log file say"? (In JIRA)

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2014

Did you create any svn commits with the JIRA issue key in commit message?

2 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2014

You can also use https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.kintosoft.jira.subversion-plus which gives you more powerful integration with subversion.

Suggest an answer