integrate JIRA and Bitbucket

John Duarte August 1, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA integration

integrate JIRA and Bitbucket

3 answers

0 votes
Hesseltje van Goor August 2, 2016

Hi @Yogesh Agashe thanks for the information. It sounds like you were describing this process for JIRA Server: (1)
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/connect-bitbucket-cloud-to-jira-server-applications-814208991.html

However, our team is running JIRA Cloud which has the DVCS plugin directly integrated, so the process described above changes to this: (2)  https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/connect-bitbucket-cloud-to-jira-cloud-applications-814190686.html

In other words, I do not have a DVCS plugin as a separate add-on in the JIRA administration tab, instead it's listed under applications. Similarly, the plugin does not prompt for an Oauth, instead it offers the dialogue in link (2) above. The DVCS seems to work for the most part, except issues in Bitbucket are not reliably being mirrored in JIRA and I have no idea why.

0 votes
Hesseltje van Goor August 1, 2016

The application links tool does not seem to recognise the Bitbucket URL? I have set up a DVCS connection which appears to work, except issues from Bitbucket are still not reliably being ported to Jira?

Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2016

Hi @Hesseltje van Goor

If you are using Bitbucket on cloud there you wont find Application links.

on Bitbucket cloud will be OAuth using this you have to generate Key and Secrete .

In case of JIRA there you will find DVCS connector, here you have to provide that generated key and secrete for integrating JIRA with Bitbucket Cloud.

0 votes
Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2016

Hi @John Duarte

Using Application Links you can integrate JIRA with other Atlassian Tools like  Bitbucket , Bamboo and Confluence ...blah blah..smile 

Suggest an answer