installation requirements

testing August 23, 2017

Dear all,

Hope this email find you well.

I'm interested in using JIRA for Test Management Tool along with Test Rail. However, I would like to know the installation requirements for our orgnization. the server we have has the following specifications, please confirm the compatability:

Virtualization platform is VMware ESXi 5.5 (U3)
CPU type is Intel E5-2680 @ 2.70GHz. Backend SAN Storage is VMAX 20K 

I would like to know also more specifications such as CPU and Memory size.. etc. taking in mind that this tool will be used as a permenant solution of software testing along with Test Rail.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2017

Have a look through https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/jira-sizing-guide-461504623.html

Your VM is unsuitable though - you need a fast *local* disk to put the intex on, SAN attached storage is too slow.

testing August 27, 2017

Dear Nic,

We are categorized as small-scale. Do you think that the features of our current server is too slow for such category?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2017

I don't know, you've not told us how much memory you've got.

But it probably is, as you only need 1Gb heap space for a small server.

You just need to get a fast local disk attached and you'll be fine.

Suggest an answer