installation requirements

testing I'm New Here Aug 23, 2017

Dear all,

Hope this email find you well.

I'm interested in using JIRA for Test Management Tool along with Test Rail. However, I would like to know the installation requirements for our orgnization. the server we have has the following specifications, please confirm the compatability:

Virtualization platform is VMware ESXi 5.5 (U3)
CPU type is Intel E5-2680 @ 2.70GHz. Backend SAN Storage is VMAX 20K 

I would like to know also more specifications such as CPU and Memory size.. etc. taking in mind that this tool will be used as a permenant solution of software testing along with Test Rail.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes

Have a look through https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/jira-sizing-guide-461504623.html

Your VM is unsuitable though - you need a fast *local* disk to put the intex on, SAN attached storage is too slow.

testing I'm New Here Aug 27, 2017

Dear Nic,

We are categorized as small-scale. Do you think that the features of our current server is too slow for such category?

I don't know, you've not told us how much memory you've got.

But it probably is, as you only need 1Gb heap space for a small server.

You just need to get a fast local disk attached and you'll be fine.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,847 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot